Back to Beacon Hill Park Disc Golf Course Disc Golf Forums
Click here to respond to this message
Subject: Course Update - 7/29/2014
Original Message: As of today the following improvements have recently been made at the course:
- Hole 1, Blue Tee Box has had the information pole removed from the flight path. The poor tree that still remains is a hazard you need to try to avoid. If I get enough pressure from you all, I might move the tee box a little west. The new information box has maps again and they have been updated. A new illustrated map is being designed by a real artist and hopefully ready to go by Aug. 7th grand opening tournament.
- Hole 4, Blue Tee Box has been moved to the north west. It is now 75 ft longer for a total 475, making it the longest hole on the course and still is a par 3. This will be a "longest drive" location for the upcoming Aug. 7 tournament, so come test it out. One of the homes along the hole was frequently getting hit and a few hit the large windows. It was just a matter of time before a disaster struck. This new distance should give your disc time turn as it is designed to do.
- Hole 8, basket has been replaced. It had completely fallen apart.
- Several chains needed to be reattached.
- I will have a booth at the Highland Fling event this coming Saturday, Aug. 2, showing off the new park and introducing people to the sport of disc golf. Come by and say hello.